Thursday, February 19, 2009

Always Sick

Being sick is never fun. But when your at school away from home it only makes it worse. Last week I started to feel sick on Friday. Being sick is pretty much the story of my life. I get sick more than anyone I know. Whenever there is something going around I get it every single time. It never fails. So I could feel it coming on, and I decided to play soccer on Sunday anyways. Not a good idea.

When I got back to school on Monday it only got worse. When I get sick I always get a little bit of everything. It started out with a cough, then a sore throat and fever, and finally got to my sinuses. I missed at least one class everyday that week. Sitting through class coughing irritates not only myself but everyone else around me.

It was getting pretty bad, and since the dorms are so stuffy I decided to go home for the night on Wednesday to see if that would help at all. For as sick as I get and how often it happens I HATE going to the doctors. But when I got back I decided it was finally time to go to health services. Enough was enough, I was only getting worse and I was missing too much work.

Health services was actually pretty helpful. They gave me a prescription, but I don't have a car so it was a pain to get filled. That medicine helped my sinuses, but my cough continued so my mom made me go to my doctor who 'knows my history.' So after getting more medicine I am still sick. Nothing ever helps. I just have to wait it out like always.

No comments:

Post a Comment