Thursday, February 5, 2009

FOOD

It is no surprise that cafeteria food doesn't taste good. But unfortunately freshmen have no kitchen, and are required to buy the full meal plan. With that you get 2 meals a day in the downstairs dining hall, where nothing is good except the stir fry and that is if you feel like waiting in line for an hour to get it. Then you get $200 for upstairs and south which barely lasts me the whole semester. But at least that comes close to being real food. And the 75 flex dollars last me all of about two weeks.I have a bad addiction to White Dove. Everything there is so good, and I am guilty of going there at least once a day. Jade House is something my friends and I cannot stay away from, and usually go there once a week. So there goes all that money. And that is not even mentioning going to restaurants.As bad as it sounds eating food is one of my passions. Therefore I cannot live off of cafeteria food, which unfortunately leads to hundreds of dollars a semester being spent on going out to eat. I think Salem State should either make a better system for the clipper cards, or get real food in the dining hall. Because that is the only place you don't have to spend any extra money. And what college student has that kind of money to be spending on food? So because of the forced meal plan I end up wasting over $1,000 a semester for "food" that I don't even eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment